The Damascus Home
Location - Damascus, Oregon
Square footage - Total - 5,400 square feet
Main - 2,800 square feet
Second - 600 square feet
Basement - 2,000 square feet
Description - This home is quite hard to describe. It is a unique home with many special features. The main floor has the living room/dining room area, kitchen, master suite, sewing room, laundry, and a large office. There is a glass, quarter circle atrium breakfast area with an indoor barbeque. The main entrance is under the covered front porch, a large south deck with a hot tub and the rear deck has an outdoor barbeque. The second floor has a loft, bath and three bedrooms. The basement houses a family/game room, storage, mechanical area, bath and a two car garage with lots of storage. This home is the most beautifully finished home that we have been a part of building. The owners acted as their own general contractors. The husband then took on the landscaping outside and the wife, who owns an antiques store (and it shows!), did the interior decorating. This house is one that really has to be seen to be appreciated.
Key features -
1. Sized for a family of seven and they stay active in the home.
2. Two shop/garage buildings.
3. Western Red cedar, trim, doors and windows.
4. Roof system of log ridgepoles and log trusses with Western Red cedar ceiling paneling.
5. The detail work in the painting and wall papering in this home is second to none!